Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Madness Is About To Begin

The January transfer window swings open in just a few days time and I'm happy to see that Wigan are wasting no time in moving to strengthen the squad. Paul Jewell has already signed Swedish defender Andreas Granqvist on loan until the end of the season. I have absolutely no idea who this lad is and I'm sure I'm not alone. However, like most Latic's fans I have absolute faith in Paul Jewell and we can definately use some depth in the backs. Webster could be on his way out already and there are rumours about Baines and Arsenal. I don't believe the hype about Baines, but you never know. On the striker front, the Ellington rumours are still flying. I think he would be a good partner for either Heskey or Camara and am of the opinion that he should never have left in the first place. I don't think Wigan had any option but to let him go, and it seemed at the time that he didn't really want to go. Yet another case of a greedy agent having too much control and influence. So, if the Duke deal does happen, I for one will be happy. I think we also need to strengthen the midfield with one or two new faces as well. Landzaat has not really settled yet and although we have good wide players with Kilbane, Valencia, Teale and Skoko seems to be coming along nicely in the middle. We have options in Cotterill and McCulloch but I would love to see another quality passer/holder of the ball come in. We will see. Bigger the squad, the better.

On another note, an interesting article from The Times on Mr. Mourinho and his manners which you can read here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8303-2521868,00.html

No comments: