Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

All you have to do is.......believe

Took the wife and kid to Disneyland yesterday for 3 reasons:

  1. The kid got a certificate at Kindergarten for getting straight A's on her 1st report card so this was her reward.
  2. The season passes I bought last year are about to expire and I'm not renewing the fuckers so this will be the last visit for a while.
  3. We have never been at xmas time and were lured by the decorations and promise of "snowfall" on Main St.

I'm not going to go on about corporate greed and exploitation and all that shit, 'cause the kid loves it and if she's happy I'm happy, more or less, so why spoil it? What I will say is that the Magic Kingdom is only magic when it's not very busy. Those times, as anyone who has been there will tell you, are few and far between. Superbowl Sunday is probably the best time to go all year, especially if it's raining. Last night wasn't too bad, not over crowded and we got on probably 4 rides in under 2 hours, at it's busiest 4 rides all day is pretty good going.

Anyway, the "snowfall" was due after the always impressive fireworks display and needless to say, the 5 year old who has never been in real snow (not counting a rather unpleasant experience with a diarrhea stricken reindeer a couple of years ago) was pumped up about the prospect. So, the fireworks end with what could have been Julie Andrews saying "All you have to do is.....believe".

Everyone looks to the skies expectantly.......

Down falls......the soap suds. The delight on the faces of all the kids was priceless. Just seeing my daughters eyes light up made my day, my week, my life. I, on the other hand, was disappointed. I'm not sure why I expected real snow, this after all, was Disneyland. Nothing is real, but I really thought that if anywhere on earth would bring in real snow machines and put them on the rooftops to simulate snowfall, then this was the place. Soap suds, hypo-allergenic, non-irritating (don't need lawsuits), soap suds.

Bastards......

No comments: