Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Bugger!!

Bollocks!
The missus has been moaning about her car for weeks, possibly even months and what did I do about it? Fuck all, nothing.... as usual. So of course, following the rule of if it's gonna take a dump, it's gonna do it at the worst possible time, the fucker crapped out on us today, 2 days before xmas. Now I don't know, I prefer to think along the lines of "it would've happened anyway" as that makes me feel less responsible, but deep down I know I probably could've avoided it had I done the decent thing and taken it in to get looked at, but I didn't and so here we are. We get both cars serviced every 3,000 miles and still shit goes wrong with them. My Grandad always told me "cars are reet buggers lad, tha'll ne'er be rich wi' a car." He wasn't wrong. The bastard just won't turn over. Thinking the battery was fucked I headed out and dropped $70 on a new one but no joy. So now I have the prospect of an unpleasant repair bill looming large, not good timing at all. I'm hoping its something simple like an ignition switch or starter motor and not in need of a costly electrical overhaul. It can stay at work until Tuesday and I'll get it towed to my mechanic, who the wife hates incidentally. I'll deal with it then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who never gets her car serviced at the regular intervals, it sounds like the alternator. (Was it?)

Got here via your wife's eljay (she's on my Friends List - I'm flyslip.livejournal.com) and have been reading the whole thing backwards, laughing the whole way.

Yes, I'm short on sleep. But unlike the Yanks, I understood every word - even some of the stuff about football, although I gave up trying to follow the English Premier League years back (I grew up in Aussie Rules turf; there's only so much you can teach one about a code not their own.)

So, yeah. You have one new Aussie fan.