Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Jollibee

WTF is the sauce that Jollibee put on their burgers? It tastes like a fishy, fruity fake mayo substitute and it's feckin horrid. I took the kid to the mall (after saying yesterday that I was done with mall's) to have her picture taken with Santa. Santa had gone for a shit and a smoke on his break so I took her to Jollibee for a snack to kill time and because she was complaining about being hungry. I think Jollibee is a Philipino chain, I should Google it, the one in Eagle Rock is the only one I know of, not that I have been looking for others. The food on the menu looked dodgy, they sell burger patties on rice covered in some vaguely mushroom looking sauce, so I thought I would play it safe and just order a cheeseburger. Anyway, she got less than 1/2 way through the burger before announcing that it tasted "icky" so I finished it off. I really cannot describe it any better than I already did and to say that it was very unpleasant. I looked around the restaraunt to see if I could spot a look of disgust on the faces of the any of our fellow diners, but they all seemed quite content to be eating greasy drumsticks of "Chicken Joy" and the patties in the suspect sauce. I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to food, I especially like spicy foods and asian, indian and middle eastern foods and it takes a lot to disgust me although the Jollibee sauce asked questions about my tolerance for philipino food. I won't be going back......ever.

When we left, Santa had returned and was trying to quiet some screaming mexican kid while the father(Dodgers tattoo on each side of his shaven head) looked on menacingly, fighting the urge to kick the big guys ass for making his hijo cry. Finally it was our turn, shelled out $20 for 4 badly lit 3x5's and made hurriedly for the exit and relative sanity of the parking lot ignoring the obnoxious cell phone sales"man" and the pushy armenian girl selling portraits as we left.

The kid was happy though, she got to sit in Santa's lap and tell him all the things she wants for xmas and as I think back, for those few moments as I watched her smiling and awkardly hugging Santa, it seemed as if all the noise and movement around me in the mall stopped and time stood still. Every now and again I look at her and can't take my eyes of her, my beautiful little girl. When she is happy I am happy, when I am happy she is happy. Love your kids people.

No comments: