Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Feh!

Well, I didn't get the big promotion that I applied for. I kinda thought I had it in the bag, got some mixed messages from people "in the know" but wisely kept telling myself not to get my hopes up. I didn't really care 'cause it wasn't that much more money, probably just better hours and looked good on a resume. I like and respect the guy who got it though and so bear no ill will. If it wasn't mine then I'm glad he got it. It didn't really spoil the day though as this little nugget from the LA Times cheered me up no end:

"It must have been some good pizza.

A 25-year-old deliveryman for Tony Maroni's Famous Gourmet Pizza was delivering three pizzas to an apartment complex in Costa Mesa on Tuesday night when six people confronted him."One of the suspects displayed what the victim believed to be a weapon in his waistband and demanded the pizzas," according to a news release from police. "The victim surrendered the pizzas to the suspects, who fled the area in a small gray vehicle."Police spotted a similar car nearby. "Officers conducted an investigatory stop on the vehicle and located the six suspects eating the purloined pizza," police said. The deliveryman told officers they were the robbers.Arrested and charged with robbery and possession of stolen property were Oscar Palomo Capacho, 27, of Santa Ana; Chesnarda Ramos, 21, of Santa Ana; Oscar Gutierrez, 24, of Santa Ana; and Daniel Alvarez, 21, of Costa Mesa. They each are being held on $100,000 bail. Two juveniles were released to their parents. The value of the pizzas was $34.34."


A hundred grand bail???? Fuckin' Hell. What a bunch of morons! You can imagine them banging their cabeza's against the cell wall "¿QuĂ© pensaba?!!!!!I'm no angel. I've done stupid shit in my lifetime but nothing that I can say compares to this. Maybe these guys were absolutely broke and couldn't afford to buy a pizza between the six of them. Maybe they were stoned. I'm having trouble putting myself in their shoes here. I would have to have been either at deaths door and delirious from hunger or tripping my tits off to consider stealing pizzas from a delivery guy and then sitting eating them in my car "nearby". How hungry can these guys have been? Santa Ana isn't that far from Costa Mesa. Shit, hold out 'til you get back to the house man! Hell, if you are that hungry you can get a double cheeseburger at McDonalds for a dollar!

HA!!! $100,000!!!! Made my fuckin' day......

No comments: