Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Love Is.......?

A free donut?

First off, let me point out that it is barely 20:30 (military time) on a Thursday evening. Tomorrow, morning I need to be wide awake and in the shower by 05:30 (also military time). I am already 2/3 the way through my second bottle of wine and things are getting a bit jibbery wongery, so excuse any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. Not that I give fuck anyway.

I tend to stay loyal to my people.

That is why I frequent the same donut shop whenever I need donuts. I am not a big eater of donuts, mainly because one is never enough and I can never eat just one. 20 minutes later I am fuller than a fat ladies shoe and in dire need of a shit thanks to all the sugar. All that said, I buy donuts weekly for my 'team' and for meetings. This week has been particularly heavy on the meetings so this morning at 05:55 (again, military time) I entered 'Happy Donuts' with a smile and an order for 4 dozen mixed. This brings my total this week to 9 dozen or 108 individual donuts. This represents $40.50 in revenue to Happy Donuts, which given that the cost of goods sold to them is approximately 2 cents per donut, equals $38.34 in profit. They should be called 'Fuckin' Ecstatic Donuts'.

Anyway, 'Happy Donuts' is owned by a nice young asian couple. I don't know their names yet. I have been bad. Usually, I attempt to get someones name on our first meeting, but at that time in a morning all I want is a cup of coffee, pleasantries can be exchanged later. So, this young asian couple, let's call them Bob and Joan, just bought 'Happy Donuts' as a "going concern" from the previous owner. A filthy, disgusting, chain smoking slope who went by the highly unlikely name of "Dave". This guy was a disgrace to the donut trade. Dirty fingernails, always scratching his balls and his scalp, spitting into the rubbish bin and so on. To make a long story short, he was exactly the type of man you would hesitate to buy a donut from, but the donuts were not for me and my 'team' were non the wiser as they happily ate their way through a maple bar and thanked me for being such a benevolent boss as to bring them donuts. On the inside, I was smiling.

So, "Dave" sells what was simpy known as 'Donuts' to "Bob" and "Joan", who promptly changed the name to 'Happy Donuts', no doubt in an effort to rid the place of its demons. They have done a great job, cleaning the place up and have perfected the art of service with a smile, especially "Joan", who always seems extra pleased to see me.

Now, I believe, or prefer to believe, that no one else on earth craves the white mans junk more than your average asian chick. They don't have much to play with when it comes to their own race. Most coloured lads are more interested in the white chicks, just to prove a point, and don't give a fuck about the yellow girls. Hence their fascination with men of my, shall we say, calibre. "Joan" is apparently no exception, despite the presence of "Bob". Her eyes dart immediately to my crotch and a playful smile wanders across her lips as she bids me "Good Morning".

So, this morning, while "Bob" was warming up a ham & cheese croissant in the microwave for another customer, "Joan" whispers "I give you free apple fritter" and winks at me somewhat covertly. I whisper back "Thank you" with a seedy smile and a dirty grin, "keep the change." The change was only 5 cents so it was money well spent as far as I was concerned.

"Joan" isn't much to look at. Probaly doesn't weigh more than 110lbs in a wet pair of panties, but there is something there. Something undefinable that says "I ruv you rong time Mr. Eddie", that I can't resist.

Next week I will attempt to see what 10 dozen will get me. Hopefully something a little sweeter than an apple fritter. A happy ending to my happy donut maybe?

16 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

Its always a man that runs a donut shop, thats because its tradition for him to make the holes. I couldn't make the holes there wouldn't be anything left thats also why those little yellow weemen are safe from me.

Eddie Waring said...

Maybe in Scotland. Here in Southern California, they are run by couples. They work 17 hours a day and have no time for sex, hence the added frustration of the female.
In addition, I have eaten British donuts and it pains me to admit that they are not the best.

ellie said...

I agree with Knudsen it is always a man who runs the donut shop, I think Joan is a lady boy and the apple fritter was rhyming slang for "shitter".

Joan and Bob are so happy with your regular visits they are going to let you use the back door.

Fat Sparrow said...

"Next week I will attempt to see what 10 dozen will get me. Hopefully something a little sweeter than an apple fritter. A happy ending to my happy donut maybe?"

You won't know for sure until she gives you a cream-filled (nudge nudge, wink wink) one for free.

The Mistress said...

Canada is the donut capital of the world.

It's enough to give you a double glazing.

D. C. Warmington said...

Mr W., I have no wish to be suggestive, but I think your new conquest might be referring to the comparative diameters of the ... lacunae, shall we say? ... of donuts and apple fritters. In other words, others have been there before and left the territory widened, battered and wrinkly.

And please beware of Bob. He sounds like a possible machete-wielder to me.

Eddie Waring said...

Ellie - Nicely woven young lady. I'm fairly sure Joan isn't a ladyboy as I have some experience with them (to be continued in another post, possibly next week time permitting)

FS - Or a jelly filled! Ha! (What the fuck is wrong me?)

MJ - Really? I don't wish to brag, but within a 1 mile radius if my house there are no less than 6 donut shops, all doing a roaring trade.

DCW - Thank you for giving me my new word for today. 'Lacunae', I even got on some extra excercise fetching the heavy dictionary from the Waring library.
Bob seems harmless enough but you never can tell with those lads. I take your advice with thanks.

Old Knudsen said...

apple fritter was rhyming slang for "shitter".

just excellent.

Fat Sparrow said...

"Or a jelly filled! Ha! (What the fuck is wrong me?)"

I'm sure I don't know, but keep it up.

The Mistress said...

Ha! I laugh at your 6 donuts shop within a 1 mile radius.

Top this...

In Hamilton, Ontario there's an intersection with donuts shops on all four corners!

D. C. Warmington said...

MJ, that laugh sounds a lot like Zorro's. Not related, by any chance?

The Mistress said...

Warmi: No relation though I do like to don masks and wield a rapier.

Eddie Waring said...

Knudsen - Ellie did very well there didn't she?

FS - This blog is in its infancy. I will do my very best to keep it up. Thanks for the support!

MJ - I concede. What is your favourite donut? I like glazed buttermilk.

DCW - Also, not unlike Zorro, MJ has exceptionally hairy legs.

The Mistress said...

Eddie: I like buttermilk sans glazing. Though I know you'd be more than willing to provide the glazing should my tastes change.

Warmi: And, not unlike Zorro, Eddie has an exceptionally hairy arse.

Eddie Waring said...

MJ - You say I'm filthy. Wouldn't the salty taste spoil a good donut. I could always eat some pineapple first....

The Mistress said...

Mmmm. Sweet and sour.