Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Yappy The Dog

First of all, let me say that I am a dog lover (if that doesn't get me 100 extra hits from Germany, I don't know what will.) The Waring household has a long history of being benevolent towards dogs, we have always had at least one and Mrs. Waring spent many years devoting her life to rescuing stray or abandoned dogs. In the eyes of many dogs, at least, she is a saint. I just tolerated them, sometimes.

We live in an area where there are many dog owners, I say owners not lovers because most of them keep their dogs tied to a chain around a tree in their yard or let them roam the area shitting on peoples property. Going for a walk round here is about as wise as climbing into the lion enclosure at the zoo to recover your $5 sunglasses, hardly worth the trouble. Besides not being very scenic it is definitely not very relaxing, you never know what is around the next corner. Despite all this, I bear no ill will toward mans best friend. I treat dogs like I treat Armenians, in a friendly but cautious manner. To be honest, dogs deserve better and I would never kick a dog.

There is one exception. Somewhere, not too many houses away, there is an as yet unidentified but very noticeable canine. His name is Yappy. Yappy is on my shit list. Yappy needs to go away, for good. A long walk in the desert would do Yappy, and my sanity the world of good. Yappy, has a big problem. Yappy, as his name suggests, yaps.... a lot. A shrill, high pitched, incessant, fury inducing, sleep depriving yap.

I would target Yappy's apparently deaf owners for punishment for Yappy's crimes. But last time I checked, the law provided for much stiffer penalties for acts of violence commited upon a person than it did for those upon a dog. Obviously, depending upon which State you live in, concessions can be made depending upon the ethnic background of either the perpetrator or the victim. California, I am happy to say is not generally one of them since an unfortunate incident back in '92 when a certain section of society, upset by some amateur video, decided to protest.


Say your prayers Muthafuckaaaaaaa!

This may seem callous and may anger some readers but even Mutley might agree that Yappy has it coming. I know that it isn't his fault. I know he probably just wants to be let back into the house so he can shit in his favourite spot behind the sofa. I know he probably just wants to bark at the telly or tear up the throw pillows. He doesn't know any better. He's just a wittle doggie. Bollocks! Our dog knows not to do any of those things, the shock collar told him so. Besides, his owners would thank me. They just don't have the balls to do it themselves.

12 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

My eyes have still not adjusted from the blue,I just put a dog post up too however mine is uplifting as I like to leave my readers with a nice warm feeling dripping between their cheeks, not yer cheeks though.

Eddie Waring said...

I'm experimenting with colours. I think I may need some help. I saw your dog post you soft old shite. I thought you were old school.

ellie said...

Do small dogs suffer from the canine equivalent of Small Man Syndrome? The smaller the stature the louder the yap.

savannah said...

call the cops ...i'm sure they'd love to issue a noise citation *snickering*

The Mistress said...

Green, eh? Aren't you a little late for Earth Day?

Troika said...

Mate, the green in minging.

Fat Sparrow said...

Small dogs.... What's the point? The Fledgling Sparrow and I were walking to the store a couple of months back, and a chihuahua (which was maybe all of 3 pounds, and smaller than my cats) rushed out of someone's house and started after my feet. The owner called out "Don't be afraid, he won't bite!" Shocked into speechlessness, I said nothing.

Good grief, how can a person think that someone else is going to be afraid of a dog that can't even open it's mouth wide enough to bite my big toe? I could kick that thing 10 yards down the street before it landed. Afraid, forsooth. Come visit my 10 lb. cat, who, when she's feeling affectionate, can lean against your legs hard enough to make you fall over, or our gregarious spastic Lab, and then we'll see who's afraid, you utter mong.

P.S. -- I vote to bring back the original blog colors.

FirstNations said...

i dunno about yapy, but we have distand neibors who work on sprint cars until all hours of the night. the distance shrinks considerably. imagine 300 blenders being switched on, in unison, and then turned off....over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding
RRRRRRRRING! adingdingdingdingding

*reaching for box marked 'heavy gauge, all steel, suitable for large game'*

Momentary Madness said...

You can't fool me Eddie you're a true dog lover I can tell. I knew a Samual back in Dublin, did a lot of hunting rabbits; brought two jack-russell Terrier's with him all the time. One day on the way back from the sticks having had no luck- Samuel was in a foul mood. The bus driver for some reason stopped Sam getting on the bus quoting some rule about only one dog allowed. "You're fuckin jokin", said Sam.
"No I'm not joking",the bus-driver said.
Sam popped one round in the chamber and blew one of the terrier's away.
"Happy now are you?". Sam asked the driver
I kid you not that is an absolute true story. At first we thought it was just hard man bravado, but as time went by it turned into truth. Y:-) Paddy

D. C. Warmington said...

Mr W

The answer is sponge.

None of your natural sponge, mind. I'm talking about synthetic sponge, the kind you might get cheap at the garage for car washing.

You will also need the following:

* About 3 feet of natural fibre yarn (pure wool, in other words -- NO man-made fibres)

* Juices from a roast joint of beef or lamb; failing that, melted chocolate.

* Brazen bravado

* A complete absence of conscience

* Acceptance of bad karma

Method:

1. Cut a rough cube of sponge. The size varies with the size of the dog. For a small dog, a 3" cube will do. For a Great Dane, 7". You get the idea.

2. Compress the cube as much as you can. Keeping it compressed, wind the yarn round and round it. Use as little yarn as possible.

3. Soak the resulting ball in the meat juices overnight; or coat it in chocolate.

4. Stroll past your neighbour's house at night.

5. Toss the ball where Yappy will find it in the morning.

6. Stroll home.

7. Wait 24 hours.

8. Enjoy the unwonted peace.

Old Knudsen said...

poor doggies, yer blog looks like Popeye's turds after too much spinach .

Eddie Waring said...

Ellie - They must do. They are also very stupid. Given that I could probably kick a rugby ball maybe 50 yards, a small dog has to be good for at least 25.

Savannah - Sadly not. The LAPD have bigger fish to fry, minorities to beat etc.

MJ - Just displaying my eco-warrior ideals.

Troika - That does it, the green is gone.

FS - Big cats scare the cack out of me. I can't remember what the original colours were.

FN - You have my sympathy. I have lived through the mini bike craze of '04 when a group of 20 grown men took turns razzing up and down the street on one of those tiny motorcycles until it broke. Then they built their own larger and louder version.

Paddy - That is a horrid story. On the plus side I feel much better about myself.

DCW - Would this not work on Geoffrey? A capital idea and first rate suggestion. The truth of the matter is Yappy would almost instantly be replaced by Yappy II.

Knudsen - Merely trying to add a little colour to the lives of my readers. I give up