Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Weak Excuse

It's been a bugger of a week and I'm fuckin' tired. In addition to all the usual, everyday drama of life, love, work and the general nitty gritty of my incredibly spicy lifestyle the computer caught a virus on Friday night while I was at work and I although I managed to recover all the files, nudey pictures and secret surveillance dossiers I keep on the neighbours, I am still in the process of reinstalling everything and getting it working right again. I won't point fingers or assign blame here other than to say that Mrs. Waring is now well aware that we did not need that update to Windows Media Player that she was offered by that very official looking pop up.

I have stories from the week such as the IT trainer at the day job with the outrageous and very noticeable "outy" belly button and his Indian sidekick with the fake name, I also have a couple of very poor "Do you know who I am?" examples from the club but they will have to wait. I just don't have the time or energy to tell right now. I have a bottle of vodka in the freezer and have set the evening aside for it's consumption.

The 1976 FA Cup Final between Man Utd and Southampton is being shown on TV right now, it's funny how times have changed, not a foreigner on the pitch don't you know?

10 comments:

FirstNations said...

yes, it is weak. get off yer duff ya boozehound and post something. hmph.

Gorilla Bananas said...

I remember being forced to watch that live in the circus. Did Bobby Stokes score the only goal of the game? David Coleman certainly said "one-nil" after he scored. He was good at reminding viewers of the score.

Fat Sparrow said...

Ugh, the virus thing made me cringe. We haven't had that (knock on wood) but we did have to revert to Factory Settings after AOHell fucked up the computer. It's rather ironic, as AOHell's free program is quite good at preventing all the virus-y stuff, but then they go and bugger our computer themselves. It's a trade-off, I guess.

"although I managed to recover all the files, nudey pictures"

I thought we agreed that those nudey pics were going to be destroyed after you had them in your wank bank.

"The 1976 FA Cup Final between Man Utd and Southampton is being shown on TV right now"

Wow, I thought my cable was bad.

savannah said...

here's hoping this week is better...or that at some point you're too drunk to remember last week, sugar!

Manuel said...

"1976 FA Cup Final between Man Utd and Southampton"

One nil to Safampton, terrible result...

Have you been visiting the horrible place that is "FACTORY SETTINGS"? [shudder]

Foot Eater said...

You just posted that to show off the fact that you were at work on Friday night. Does your boss read this blog or something?

fofufou said...

Excuses, Excuses - you're beginning to sound like me.

Old Knudsen said...

I've heard that you sound like me.

I thought we agreed that those nudey pics were going to be destroyed after you had them in your wank bank.

I just cut and paste that bit from FS, it applies to me too.

Eddie Waring said...

FN - What, pray, is a "duff"?

GB - It was one-nil although I missed the goal when I nipped to the bathroom to wash my hands. My fingers were all orange due to having eaten Cheeto's for tea.

Sparrow - The PC is all better again, the wank bank account is getting healthier too.

Savannah - A day off work on a Wednesday splits the week up nicely and ensures a much better week than last.

Manuel - Not exactly factory settings but did the system recover. This has done the trick without losing any files. I just had to reinstall any programs that were not part of the original package, and uninstall the ones that were. Just a pain in the arse really.

FE - If my boss read my blog I doubt that I would have a job to go to. I work in such a PC, HR dominated corporate environment that a sense of humour is mistaken for racial or sexual discriminatory behaviour. The golden rule is don't say it, definately do not write it and probably best to not even think it. It sucks that if I fired someone and they played the race card, that this blog would probably be used in evidence against me.

Milky - Bog help me.....

Knudsen - Who said that? I shall hunt them down and kill them.

Old Knudsen said...

It can't mean bum as getting up the duff means pregnant not up the bum no babies. Yank are strange. you old duffer.