Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Night Terrors Are Back

I got a nice email from Lambent yesterday who said:
“You’re a fucking cunt and I’m going to kill you with a fucking spoon.”

Thanks mate, that’s my weekend fucked. I have a deep rooted fear of spoons. I flinch whenever one is brandished or pointed in my general direction. I cannot use one, not even a spork. I have had to invent an alternative spoon like utensil for the purposes of spooning, which due to an agreement with the International Brotherhood of Utensil Manufacturers, I cannot show you.

I know you are all dying to know what possible series of events, what kind of trauma or experience would cause such an unreasonable fear of an everyday household item. Well, I don’t like talking about it, but my therapist says that it’s good to talk and that by getting it off my chest, I may someday be able to once again enjoy soup. So, here I go…..

The burning body of a girl had been found dumped on a golf course just outside Manchester. (Why do they always dump them on golf courses?) A number of youths, both male and female, were arrested and tried for the murder of the girl and the story that came out in court was intriguing to say the least. One of the female members of the group had lost a prized pink jacket and had spotted the unfortunate victim wearing a jacket of the exact same colour and style. The defendant claimed that the girl had stolen the jacket and hatched a plan with her group to seek revenge.

The group decided to kidnap the girl and kept her in the home of one of the group, tied naked to a mattress spring, where they proceeded to torture her. The torture was the worst part for my acid and ecstasy addled mind. They had strapped some headphones to her head, injected her with speed then made her listen non stop to one of the popular techno albums of the day, Void Dweller by Eon. If you don’t know, Void Dweller, with tracks like Fear: The Mindkiller, Basket Case and Spice is not an album to fucked with if you don’t like techno, especially if you are being forcibly injected with speed and are tied to a bed frame at the time. Anyway, as if all this wasn’t bad enough they also set about beating the shit out of her with a wooden spoon. I remember thinking “How bad could that be? How much damage could you do with a wooden spoon?”
One night, shortly after reading this, my friends and I were tripping our tits off round at somebody’s parent’s house while they were away for a weekend in Prestatyn or somewhere like that. I went into the kitchen to make a brew and saw something that totally freaked me out. Hanging on the wall above the stove were these:

Instruments of death

A gigantic wooden spoon and fork set. I backed out of the kitchen, visibly disturbed by what I had seen. My friends, sensing that summat was up, asked what the problem was. I told them the story and pretty much ruined everybody’s trip as we spent the next couple of hours trying not to think about the girl’s ordeal.
A short while later, I went for a piss and some fresh air, when I returned I was pounced upon by a couple of the lads and held down while one of the others fetched the dreaded implements from the kitchen and another changed the CD and turned up the volume. The track? Fear: The Mindkiller. I just want you all to know, I didn’t cry.

With friends like these, you don’t need an enema.

14 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

That Lambent sounds like a right cunt, did ya get my death threat e-mails?

I don't spoon or cuddle, its not manly.

Eddie Waring said...

He is and I did.
I accept your challenge of a duel at sundown. A fight to the death. As my weapon, I choose tweezers.

ellie said...

Any wonder I fear pink jackets?

HKMGB said...

Oi! What's all this about me being a cunt?

Sorry Eddie, I didn't really mean that bit about the spoon.

I bet you were one of those blokes that told people you could see spiders crawling out of their eyes while they were tripping their tits off.

The Mistress said...

Thanks for sending a chill up my spine with that pic.

I can't touch wooden spoons or eat with wooden chopsticks. I have to take my own laquered chopsticks with me to Chinese restaurants.

This is the first I've spoken publicly of it.

I'm sending you my therapist's bill.

Eddie Waring said...

Ellie - Here at the LB it's 'clothing optional' for ladies, so you can relax. No pink jackets here.

Lambent - Don't be offended. I wasn't. 'Cunt' is a term of endearment in these parts (right MJ?)

MJ - Posh cunt. Eating with laquered chopsticks eh? Whats wrong with a fork and your fingers?

HKMGB said...

I've just found a good book for you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6437705.stm

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

These wall utensils are freaky. They look like they belong to a giant who could well come along at any minute, soft boil you, tap you on the head with the spoon and eat your brains out with a dab of butter and pepper. You, that is. I'm not dumb; I would hide the giant's spoon on him. And steal his magic singing harp.

Old Knudsen said...

yes yous are all cunts, sundoon isn't good for me.

The Mistress said...

Yes, cunt is a term of endearment 'round here. Except maybe in Lambent's case. The verdict's still out on that cunt.

I'm not too posh to push food into my mouth with my hands.
*shoves a fistful of moo goo gai ding into my face*

See? I'm klassy. But not posh.

Eddie Waring said...

Sam - Thanks. A whole new scenario to fret over. The hives are coming back - and I don't mean the band.

Knudsen - Tesco's car park. 3pm. Come alone.

MJ - How about Cream of Sum Yun Gai? Sorry, couldn't resist....

The Mistress said...

Getting a little too cheeky for your own good, ya cunt.

Remember, you're just a drive down the coast for me.

Eddie Waring said...

Bring wine.....and some toilet roll.

Bock the Robber said...

What the fuck is all this with wooden cunting spoons?

A wooden fucking spoon is what Scotland get every year in the rugby.

It's also the traditional instrument of torture in all Irish households. Only this evening I used one to torture my dogs into compliance, not to be worrying sheep. "Nyah, your arse looks huge in that fleece"

A wooden fork, now, is a different matter. I knew one or two women who had that affliction.