Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

An Undignified End

I don't think about dying much. Not that it scares me or that I am in denial about it. We all go sometime. I just prefer not to dwell on it and generally accept that sooner or later we all have to go.

There are, however, certain scenarios which I would, if at all possible like to avoid. I don't want to burn, I don't want to drown and when it happens I would like it to happen quickly. It would be nice if it were at home or better still at work, that way Mrs. Waring and the child would be set for some compensation money.



One poor lad, in Leigh, Lancashire was not so lucky last week. He wasn't in the comfort of his own home, he didn't have his loved ones (if any existed) around him to say their final goodbyes. His death wasn't even noticed until the next morning. Nobody is sure how he died, although the filth have ruled out foul play, instead opting for the standard "could be drugs related" statement.



Hey, when you have to go, you have to go.


There are few places more terrible, more offensive or that assault the senses more than your average bookies bog. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, watch Trainspotting. Yet this is where he was found by staff when they opened up the store one morning. Police are suggesting that maybe he went in there the night before and staff locked up and went home without realizing he was there. Management of the BetFred store were not available for comment.

If I should meet the same fate, at least let there be bog roll....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a bookie bog? Is that some kind of limey local turn of phrase? Confused

Eddie Waring said...

Bookies = Bookmakers = Betting Shop
Bog = Shitter = Toilet

They are notoriously filthy places.

Can also be used to describe a fuck up. e.g. Bush has made a right bookies bog out of Iraq.

Anonymous said...

Oh. Ty muches. I couldnt find the bookie's bog phrase on google. Is it a popular phrase?

Old Knudsen said...

I've always wanted to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the other 3 people in the car he was driving.

Old Knudsen said...

I have a brit slang dictionary on my links, I know readers are too lazy to use it but still.

Eddie Waring said...

Knudsen - I like what you did there. I have a brit slang link too. Maybe the link is broken?

The Mistress said...

If death on the bog was good enough for Elvis, it's good enough for me.

Eddie Waring said...

At least it was his own bog, probably made of ivory or summat too. My Grandma died on the bog now that I think about it, or at least we think she did. No way to know if she died before or after she fell off the fucker.

Momentary Madness said...

You forgot to mention Bogman:Irish-thick-fucker. Bookies bog;everybody knows that one I'm in it all the time I never win.
Knudsen, that was a cracker.

Old Knudsen said...

Link broken? maybe its their fingers, I put links in my posts and half of them don't go to the place they say they do but no one notices.

Old Knudsen said...

While I'm on the subject I have actually contributed to the slang dictionary in my links, I'm all about the education I am, now you can have yer blog back again.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

When the time comes for me I'm just going to lock myself in my blog with some gin and a sense of high adventure.

Eddie Waring said...

Paddy - I was recently chastised by Ellie for using language like that. You being Irish yourself are free to say what you like about your fellow countrymen, at least you are on my blog.

Knudsen - My blog is your blog mate.

Sam - I could use a sense of high adventure myself. Is it legally available where you are?