Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Treat To Eat

Like millions of people all over the World, I too made the same old New Years resolution to lose weight and start yet another diet on January 1st. The first day went well, mostly due to the fact that I slept all day, woke for an hour or two to drink a couple of Stella Artois then went back to bed and slept through the night. Yesterday started well, I went to the store and bought some green leaf salad, cooked chicken breast and some cherry tom-ah-toes and ate a very healthy lunch.

It was my turn for late night coverage at work and so I didn’t get home until after 7pm at which time, like many millions of people all over the world said “Fuck it!” and opened a bottle of wine which I then drank quickly. So you know how it goes, you have a drink or two and get the hunger. I will eat practically anything at that point, generally the spicier the better, but in the absence of frozen curries or cans of chili, improvisation is the key.

I am no culinary genius. I can cook, pretty well in fact given that I am a) male, b) English, and c) a proper lazy fucker when I’m at home. When I put my mind to things, plan and buy the ingredients I can actually turn out something that is both edible and tasty. Mrs. Waring is a much luckier woman than most of you probably think.

So last night, looking through the cupboards and weighing up the options, it became obvious that I was going to have to employ my talents and creativity if my hunger was to be satisfied. I threw the ingredients in a saucepan and just 5 minutes later was sitting in bed next to the wife with a tasty bedtime treat.

“What the fuck are you eating?”

“I’m hungry. I made it myself.”

“Jesus Christ! A bowl of beans….”

“Not just any beans. Baked Beans a la Mexicano. It’s fuckin’ ace.”

“Shit….I hope you took some Beano.”

“No, we are out. I would have though if we had any.”

“For fuck’s sake, open the window….”

Happily I ate my beans, mopping up the sauce with 2 slices of bread. It was one of the most enjoyable meals I had eaten for quite some time and it was barely 10 minutes before the magic began to work. A series of long, loud ripsnorters tore through the silence of the bedroom, scenting the normally stale sweaty sock (hers) air with a most unsavoury miasma. How I laughed as the punches rained down on me….. for anyone interested, the recipe is as follows:

1 Tin Heinz Baked Beans

1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

8 Dashes Tapatio Hot Sauce

Empty into pan, heat until hot. Add more tapatio to taste. Enjoy with your partner. Serves 1.


Food Of The Gods



7 comments:

marky said...

Yeah, a real culinary genius you are. I would crack open a can of Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup to go with it but that's just me. Did you Dutch Oven your lovely lucky wife? Is she proud still to be yer bride? The garlic powder is like gunpowder you put in there. Ah what fun you have at home. HA! My turds are ALWAYS longer than four inches. Almost always solid and a good 10-12 inches average. i should photograph them and put them on an anonymous blog.

ellie said...

A million housewives everyday,
Open a can of Beans and say ...
Fuck! You stink!

Old Knudsen said...

Beanz meanz Heinz, they moved the HP sauce factory to Holland from Birmingham what the fuck?

Yer wife didn't like the farts? whats wrong with her? an Englishman's farts send mad dogs out into the mid day sun I hear.

The Mistress said...

Tom-AY-toes.

Just ONE sock? Are you married to Heather Mills?

savannah said...

which way did you turn your ass? towards mrs w or away? makes a difference, sugar...

(happy new year)

Manuel said...

the first good recipe of the new year......tremendous.....happy new year etc.....

Eddie Waring said...

Marky - I missed the opportunity on my last post, so welcome to LB. I haven't checked your blog out yet though so I reserve the right to retract that welcome should you turn out to be a wanker.

Ellie - They are one of life's staples, like bog roll.

Knudsen - That's unforgivable. I am boycotting HP sauce for 1 whole week in protest.

MJ - If I was married to Heather Mills, SHE would appreciate my odours. What fun we would have, hiding her fake leg and holding her down to fart on her.

Savannah - I sleep on my stomach...

Manuel - Feel free to use it mate. I would if I were you.