Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Accounting is Fun

As a requirement in my quest for a degree before I reach pensionable age, I started a financial accounting class last night at the local "community" "college". The lecturer informed us right off the bat that it was a 16 week course crammed into 5 weeks, and that due to the intensity of the subject matter she was not going to be taking any shit. From anyone. She also stated that if anybody had a doubt about their ability to achieve a "B" or higher, they should pretty much fuck off right there and then. Nobody left. I guarantee that tonight's class size will be considerably smaller. It's 4 nights a week, 6 'til 9.15 and it's gonna kill me. I took the week off work to lighten the load a bit. It just took me over 2 hours to do the 1st nights homework.
The class is made up of the usual suspects. Me and 1 or 2 other sad bastards who should have done it years ago, a bunch of giggling girls who failed the course once and will likely fail again, a few serious students with aspirations of high paying careers as financial planners and analysts (best of luck to 'em), the odd macho mofo in an armani tracksuit who only attends these thing to try and pick up giggling girls with which to make macho babies, and a couple of weird fuckers who disappear into the bogs every breaktime (perhaps to have a sneaky wank over the giggling girls?). Anyway, all of them interest me in some way and I endeavor to observe their habits over the next few weeks and will report back occasionally on my findings.
Now I'm going to go and watch the "John Lennon Jewelry Collection" that I just HAD to Tivo off QVC last night. I don't watch QVC ever but this just caught my eye and I have to see what the fuck it's all about. I'm either going to laugh my arse off or be mad as hell. Probably the latter as I'm pretty sure the last thing that Lennon had on his "To Do" list was design and sell jewelry on TV. Yoko on the other hand.....

5 comments:

Old Knudsen said...

accounting, thats about sums and stuff right? or is it like some touchy feely yank thing to share your guilt about stuff? do they not have calulators there? what degree are you going for? 3rd degree burns? yeah i didn't get that either.
I think the last thing John Lennon thought about was,"I don't like the look of this fella".

Eddie Waring said...

It's the principles or practice of fraudulently disguising how much money rich old twats are stealing from peasants such as us. I'm onto them, I plan on infiltrating their inner ear and planting laburnum seeds the flowers of which will poison their heirs.

Fresh Hell said...

Hey! I'm a touchy feely yank!

Wait... that's something different.

Eddie Waring said...

It's okay to be touchy, feely and a yank in whatever context you choose. Just don't let Old Knudsen find out.

Fresh Hell said...

I had a career working with the mentally ill for 7 years and I worked as a bartender. I can take him.