Tales of nonsense and items of little interest, sometimes true, always poorly thought through. Less sophisticated than most newspapers and magazines.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Help The Homeless

Every now and again I watch the news on telly and there will be a story that really reminds you how lucky you are. Today I saw a story about the homeless savages living on the streets of Downtown LA's skid row. This story, like all the others reminded me how things I take for granted, some people will never have. So I put on my coat and drove downtown to gloat and taunt the dirty fuckers with pictures of me in the bath eating a turkey leg. Soon a crowd started to gather, they didn't seem interested in hearing how they too could have the things I have if only they would clean themselves up a bit, stop smoking crack, get a job and save about 50 grand for a downpayment on a home. Maybe then they would develop a bit of self respect. But like I said, they seemed angry so I left. They were probably just moody 'cause it's forecast rain.

As I drove home I started to think about things I could do to help them. It came to me in a flash. Every day I brush my hair, some hair comes out and gets stuck in the brush, new hair grows back. What have I lost? Nothing. What happens to the hair in the brush? I mail it to Jennifer Aniston. Does Jennifer Aniston ever write back to say "thanks"? Does she fuck. So instead of sending good hair to some stuck up ungrateful bitch of a movie star, why not use it to knit scarves for the homeless? The weather is turning a bit nippy here in Southern California and they will need something to keep the chill off their chests. When the weather turns warm, they can use it as a pillow.

The only question is, how much should I charge?

4 comments:

MommyHeadache said...

If there were more people like you the world would be a better place. Now, to the scarves, knitted from your hair which I'm sure is even better quality than mohair, I think the price should be around $500. Maybe you could also consider selling them furniture as an incentive to get the lazy fuckers off the street and into getting a mortgage.

Fresh Hell said...

Send the hair to me. I'm a mad-skilled fiber wizard and I can spin it and knit it up. I'm just a little sick and wrong (read: desperate and compulsive) when it comes to knitting.

When you were downtown, did you have the good sense to stop by Grand Central market to get some mole? I miss having Mexican food readily available. Makes me wonder what the hell I was thinking when I left California.

Eddie Waring said...

Emma - Minds like ours truly can make a difference. I have plans for a whole line of textiles. Blankets woven from eyelashes, nostril hair facecloths and the like.
Freshie - I avoid Grand Central Market since I made a startling discovery inside a burrito. I will tell you about it someday. Your knitting creations intrigue me...

Old Knudsen said...

I go around the streets dispensing advice to homeless people, I say "get a job" then they say "you get a job" and thats me tied up logically .